LEX Markets is a venture-backed fintech startup. LEX operates a brokerage platform and regulated trading venue (ATS) on which individual Commercial Real Estate Buildings are IPO’d and then shares of those buildings are traded.
About the Role:
LEX is seeking to hire a Backend/Systems Engineer to help build out tooling for our trading system. As one of the first 7 engineers on a team with a flat structure, you’ll fully own core components and services.
- Build, test, and release services on top of our core trading system. These systems will be related to reporting, regulatory needs, etc.
- Primarily write Java code, but bounce over to our Node API that serves our web and mobile clients if you're comfortable with node as well.
- Potentially contribute to open source projects.
- Over time, hire a team of backend engineers to support your work.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of database options and their tradeoffs
- Solid foundation of systems architecture
- Experience with Containers, AWS, message queueing, microservice communication options, monitoring & alerting
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Similar experience as an early backend engineer at a startup would be a bonus.
- This trading system tooling is written in Java. But we use JS+Node for our services that serve our mobile and web clients. Being comfortable bouncing over to the Node sie would be a bonus.
Check out some LEX press: